Levi J. Tkach
Assistant Director of Professional Licensing
A native of North Central Ohio, Levi considers himself the quintessential, mid-west social conservative all American. Levi has a strong appreciation for the role of efficient regulatory checks in an otherwise free-market system.
In 2009, Levi worked as an extern at the Ohio Attorney General’s Office in the Health and Human Services Section. He joined Graff & McGovern (formally Graff & Associates) as a law clerk in the fall of 2009. Following admission to the Ohio Bar in 2010, Levi was promoted to an Associate Attorney.
Levi has experience working with numerous State Agencies in Ohio, including the Medical Board; the Pharmacy Board; Nursing Board; the Ohio Department of Commerce, divisions of Real Estate and Professional Licensing, Industrial Compliance, and Securities; the Ohio Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists Board; the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities; Chemical Dependency Professionals Board; the Rehabilitation Services Commission; the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology; the Ohio State Racing Commission.
Levi also handles legal matters involving real property, landlord-tenant disputes, and debt collection matters. As part of his real estate practice, Levi successfully secured a court order of specific performance on a real estate purchase contract.
Levi is admitted and qualified to practice before the U. S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, the U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and all the State Courts of Ohio. Levi is also an active member of the Columbus Bar Association and the Ohio State Bar Association.
Awards and Achievements
- Secretary for Columbus Bar Association, Real Property Committee; 2015 to present
- 2015 Follow of the Ohio State Bar Foundation, a non-profit extension of the Ohio State Bar Association committed to improving public understanding of the rule of law and the development of the justice system
- 2015 Graduate of the Barrister Leadership Program, through the Columbus Bar Association, an opportunity for new lawyers to get involved and ultimately achieve more professional and personal success
- Presenter on Landlord/Tenants: Rights and Responsibilities, during Street Legal, a volunteer, pro-bono series through the Columbus Bar Association; October, 2014
- Volunteer with recycling efforts during Festival Latino, Columbus, Ohio 2014
- Appointed to Ohio State Bar Association, Administrative Law Committee, to serve as Committee Chair; July, 2014
- Delegate Representative of District Seven, Council of Delegates for the Ohio State Bar Association. 2013 to present
- 2012 Appointee to Ohio State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Council
- Participated on CLE panel for the Ohio State Bar Association, Administrative Law Committee, Mock Agency Adjudicatory Hearing: Comparing Hearing Procedures Under ORC 119 and the Model APA, Including Declaratory Orders, Discovery, Evidence, Stays and Final Orders; May, 2012
- Assisted Ohio State Bar Association, Administrative Law Committee, Model Act Subcommittee, with drafting the preliminary comprehensive Ohio specific Administrative Procedures Act for presentation as proposed legislation. 2011-2012
- Presenter on Landlord/Tenants: Rights and Responsibilities, during Street Legal, a volunteer, pro-bono series through the Columbus Bar Association; March and October 2012
- Provided pro-bono legal services with Interfaith Legal Clinic, Columbus, Ohio 2011
- Blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu; 2015 to Present
- Active member of the community
While in law school, Levi received the Leadership Achievement Award for his involvement in various campus organization. He also participated in the First-Year Melissa Mitchell Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit